Hello again! It’s Melissa and I’m back today to share my second project (and a tutorial) with the gorgeous November Kit “Tapestry”! A couple of years ago I was at a local church fair, and on the of the stalls was selling second hand goodies. I couldn’t believe how blessed I was to find a little gold photo album that was only $1! After two years of waiting for the perfect photos, I decided to use it to document apart of a road trip we took in July (our Winter). We stopped off at a special place called Moeraki, it’s a beach and it has these amazing naturally formed boulders that are scatted on the beach and into the sea.
Here is my tiny album, and my very simple embellished cover. I just used a piece of the Cedar Lane 6×6 paper and one of the exclusive printables, which I made into an epoxy flair.
Of course I have to show you how chunky it is!!
Here is a tutorial on how my mini came together with the amazing November Kit and add-ons.
- Gather your supplies – this is super easy because the kit is fully coordinated, and perfect!
- Select your photos. I made a collage on Picmonkey.com so that my photos would be small enough for the album.
- Make a template with a piece of white cardstock, then hand-cut around the template (because my pages were so small I didn’t want to be measuring and cutting on my trimmer).
- Select a paper to use for journaling and filler pages. I used the ledger paper from the main kit.
- Place all of papers and photos into the album in the order you want them. This sets you up for quick and easy embellishing and journalling.
- Embellish and journal and the album is compete! Below is my inside title page, which I kept very simple. The doily is from my stash, and the mist is Heidi Swapp Colour Shine (in gold and seafoam).
Here is the same spread from step 5 above, but completed with embellishment and journaling.
Thanks so much for looking, I really appreciate it!