Hello everyone!! I am super excited to introduce you to our Designer in the Spotlight! She has been a member of the Clique for sometime now and recently became one of our newest members on our Graphic Design team! This month she designed the June journal cards that are included in your June Kit and even some of the exclusive cut files!
Our Designer in the Spotlight has taken some time to answer our fun Q&A to share with all of you today! Please say hello to Sheryl Banares!
1. Tell us a little bit about your creative process. I love creating where I feel comfortable at that moment, it can in the kitchen or in the living room even on in bed sometimes (when I’m super lazy). I don’t force myself to think of how to make a layout. I just sit down and start scrapping whenever I feel like it.
2. Where and when are you most creative? I don’t like scrapbooking at night because my lighting is terrible so I mostly scrapbook on daylight. My layouts are often inspired from pinterest, that’s where I like to search for random stuff when Im bored.
3. What are some of your must have supplies? scissors, zig glue pen and double sided tape.
4. Who are some of your influences? I’m a graphic designer so I meet a lot of creative and interesting people that are inspiring me everyday and let’s not forget the amazing scrapbook community we have on Facebook and youtube, there are lots of talented woman that truly inspire me.
5. 3 things people probably do not know about you. – I love korean dramas! (be aware! super addicting once you start) – I’m learning russian, since my fiancee’s family speak mostly russian. – I play the guitar, ukulele and keyboards.
6. Favorite: !
Book- It ends with us by Colleen Hoover !
Movie- Phantom of the opera (2004) and Titanic ! Candy- Coconut chips !
Drink- Coffee!! !
Music- anything 90’s 🙂 !
Color- light blue !
TV Show- anything with action and suspense- NCIS, Criminal minds.
7. Can you share what helps you break out of a creative slump? I love taking a walk, listening to music and riding my bike.
8. How long have you been design and what inspired you to get started. I’ve been scrapbooking for 4 years now. I started scrapbooking when I accidentally saw a process video of someone on Youtube and ever since my world became colourful and scrapbooky (I think I just invented a word)
9. How would you describe your style? My style is very much colourful and heavy embellished, I love taking my time when I’m creating the layouts. I add sometimes mix media and some stitching.
10. Can you share with everyone the places where they can connect with you such as your blog, Instagram and website. Blog- http://www.sherylbanares.com Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/sherylbanares/
11. What are your predictions for the new trends? I think we’ll be seeing more colors that we usually don’t see in scrapbook collection like purple, neon colors and some gold rose foiling, maybe even metallic colors with abstract designs.
Sheryl thank you so much for being our Designer in the Spotlight!! I am sure our readers are looking forward to more beautiful designs from you!
Thank you for stopping by our blog today! To get your hands on some of Sheryl designs you can grab a June Clique Kit HERE in the shop or head on over to our Digital Shop and purchase some of her cut files! Have a wonderful day!