Donna here today with my second project using the August “Malibu” kit featuring Pink Paislee Summer Lights collection
I also used this super cute exclusive cut file designed by Inna Moreva (July 2017 cut file – Sunshine) from the Digital Shop
First off, here is a step-by-step tutorial how I created the layout:
- You will need two cardstocks – 1 for the cut file and 1 for the base where you will adhere the cut file. Adhere the negative part of the cut file to the other cardstock, set the ‘good or positive’ cut file aside.
- Using a piece of plastic (any will do, just make sure it’s clean), spread watercolor (or any medium you prefer, diluted in water) to the surface. Start with one color first and build up the layers one after another.
- Add another color to the edges, spreading the diluted color with your fingers
- While the base is drying (or you can use a heat gun to help it dry faster), use different patterned papers as backing to the Sunshine cut file (I used a pencil to trace the floral parts of the cut file and cut manually with scissors).
- Once the base is dry, adhere the Sunshine cut file backed with patterned papers. Use foam tapes to add dimension to the cut file.
- Start embellishing
And this is how my layout turned out
I added some fun details like this wavy flag and clusters of sequins and stickers.
Different heights added interest to the overall look of the whole page. Here, I used different thickness of foam tapes to adhere the photo and other embellishments like stickers and word arts.
The holographic embellishments are so pretty in person!
That’s all from me today but I will be back in a few days to share another project with you all.
Thanks for dropping by and happy crafting,