Hello Clique! Candace here with you today to share some ideas on how to stretch your monthly scrapbooking kit. I love how Clique Kits jam so much product into one monthly kit, but if you are anything like me there are some months that I run out of kit before I run out of month! Here are some ideas on how to stretch the last bits & pieces of your kit till the next box of goodies arrive.
- Use white card stock as your base. By using white card stock from your stash you are able to use the pieces of patterned paper from the kit as your laying and embellishing pieces for your layout.
- Get creative with paper piecing. When you have just a few papers from the kit left find some creative ways to piece the paper together. Try making a pattern or collage the paper.
- Use cut files. All the Clique Kits come with exclusive cut files and these are great to use when your kit is running low. You can use the pieces of patterned paper that you have left to back the cut file without it looking like you are using scraps.
- Use punches. This is similar to the cut file idea. Use the scraps of paper you have left from the kit to create a design on your layout with punched paper. The ideas here could really be endless!
- Use your stash. Go through your stash and find some papers and embellishments that coordinate well with the colors and theme of the kit. Depending on your stash the possibilities here could be endless too!
There you have it, five ideas to help your kit last till the end of the month! For my layout today I used idea #1, #2 and #5. Here is a look at the final layout!
And a few close ups…
Thanks so much for stopping by today! To get your hands on the gorgeous May kit you can visit the store here. Have a beautiful day!