Donna here again sharing my third layout using the January kit Alegria featuring Fancy Pants Designs Happy Place.
Here’s a few step-by-step tutorial on how I came up with my layout
- With a stencil and modeling paste, create texture on the background.
- Once the modeling paste has dried, lightly brush gelatos on the raised images. Use a thin brush or cotton buds to spread the colors. I tried to stay on the raised images but some stray colors still happened.
- Then bundle lots of messy threads and adhere on the spot you like. I did mine in between space of the scattered butterflies
- To add a bit of height, I used a thin cardboard adhered at the back of one of the cards. I used the card as mat to my photo.
- Then start placing the embellishments.
Here is my finished layout. I adhered additional strips to the left side edge to add interest and color. One of the things I like is doodling, you may notice me using it from time to time, depends on my mood 😀
some detailed shots of the layout
I used the sequins to cover the middle of the wood veneer camera
I just love this picture of my daughter, drools and all! lol! 😀 I love capturing this kind of moment. I know time flies too fast and I can’t seem to get enough of her though there are times she’s like a little monster 😀 Love her to bits!
I hope you liked my project for today.
Thank you so much for dropping by!
January 12, 2016 at 10:26 am
This is just adorable. I love the doodling!!
January 12, 2016 at 1:38 pm
January 12, 2016 at 11:29 pm
I agree with your title! This is beautiful! 🙂
January 13, 2016 at 3:51 am
Oh Donna…. i love your styling and you creative backgrounds and she is just too cute for words!
January 14, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Totally adorable! I love the doodling.
January 16, 2016 at 6:31 pm
Amazing, as always. I love the way you added those sequins inside the camera!
January 18, 2016 at 4:13 am
thank you! 🙂