Hello everyone! I am so excited to bring you our January Designer in the Spotlight Kim Watson! We were so excited when we saw her collection with Fancy Pants Designs called Happy Place we just had to feature the collection in our January Kit!
We are very thankful that Kim took some time out of her day to answer our Q&A and be our January Designer in the Spotlight! Please say hello to Kim Watson.
- If we are talking about tools, my number one is my Mac, which I couldn’t do without.
- Xacto knife & magnetic cutting mat from We R Memory keepers
- Tombow mono glue
- Sewing machine
- Cameo cutting machine
4. Who are some of your influences? Ok…I admit I am a Google fanatic. Having the Internet is like having the largest library at your fingertips, making an array of influences available in a blink. Art, Graphic Design, Magazine layouts, Packaging, Interiors & home decor, Book covers & old posters, textiles…actually I find gorgeous inspiration just about anywhere.
- I am a vocalist in a local band. I think if I didn’t end up as a Fashion & Graphic Designer, I would love to have sung professionally.
- I really love what I do. I couldn’t live without Adobe Creative Suite being part of my daily life. I find the process of learning new tricks everyday stimulating especially if the result is pretty crafty products. So yes…I am a ‘Watch Youtube for the tutorial’ kinda gal.
- Working for Creating Keepsakes magazine for so many years developed in me a love for writing about all things crafty. I love the process of massaging words, & turning other peoples wonderful art into a creative process others can be inspired by.