Hello everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the December Pep rally and had a chance to check out our January 2016 kits! If you missed the blog share yesterday CLICK HERE to check it out and have a chance to win a December kit! Today I am excited to introduce our December Designer in the Spotlight Inna Moreva.
Inna is an amazing graphic designer who Gia discovered while shopping on Etsy! Gia instantly fell in love with Inna’s designs and invited Inna to be part of the Clique Kits Leadership team! We are thrilled to have Inna join us and we can not wait for you to see her designs in our Limited Edition Valentine kit called XOXO! You are going to love it!
Everyone please say hello to our December Designer in the Spotlight and the newest member to the Clique Kits team Inna Moreva!
- Tell us a little bit about your creative process.
My creative process starts with a search for an inspiration. Usually, I browse Pinterest. Then I open my sketchbook and the brainstorm begins. I just write down or sketch the ideas that pop into my head. Next step is the choice of color scheme. Then I continue the work in Adobe Illustrator. It is very helpful to take a break from time to time. When I get distracted, I get interesting ideas and get back to work with even more enthusiasm.
2. Where and when are you most creative?
Sometimes it seems the further I am from my desk, the more creative I am. For instance, while traveling, I get a crazy desire to capture all the beauty around me in patterns.
3. What are some of your must have supplies?
Sketchbook, pencil, my Mac and Wacom tablet.
4. Who are some of your influences?
I find people who enjoy what they do incredibly inspiring. Especially if they managed to turn their hobby into a small (or maybe not so small) profitable business.
5. 3 things people probably do not know about you.
- I think, people basically don’t know what I do. After all, according to my Instagram, I only travel and knit. HaHa! But the truth is, I work everyday and late into the night.
- I got my very first job as a graphic designer in Greece. I had to draw an illustration for Acropolis Museum dinner coasters collection. Last summer I saw those dinner coasters in a Souvenir store in Crete, they are still being sold, 6 years later!
- A couple months ago it appeared to me: “would be cool to make designs for scrapbooking” Then I opened a store at Etsy, where I started selling digital scrapbooking supplies. After a couple of days I was already a part of the Clique Kits team! Just like that! I am still astounded with how quickly my thoughts materialized.
- Book-I don’t have a favorite book, but the last one I’ve read was quite interesting-“Reality Transurfing” Vadim Zeland
- Movie-So many! From the latest ones – “Interstellar”
- Music-Coldplay, Florence and the Machine, Moby
- Color-Pastel colors, teal
- TV Show-House M.D.
7. Can you share what helps you break out of a creative slump?
I just take a break. Go for a walk, cook, knit, take a bath – anything to get distracted and clear my mind. Traveling and changing the setting, of coarse, helps the best, but don’t have that possibility all the time.
8. How long have you been designing and what inspired you to get started?
I have been working as a graphic designer for more than 6 years. Ever since my childhood I liked to draw. When I got my first computer, I chose MS Paint over games, later on I discovered Photoshop and web design classes. To start studying graphic design was just a logical move, I didn’t see myself as any other profession.
9. How would you describe your style?
Laconic. I don’t like to pile up the design with an overwhelming amount of details. I believe that less is more.
10. Can you share with everyone the places where they can connect with you?
11. What are your predictions for the new trends to hit in 2016?
Aspiration for minimalism, use of simple geometric shapes. Rich and bold colors from 80’s and 90’s. My beloved typography and handwritten fonts will also stay in trend.
12. If you could go anywhere in the world and take one person with you, where would you go and who would you bring along?
I would take my husband and go on a trip around the world!
We thank Inna for sharing a little bit about herself with us today and we hope you enjoyed today’s post! Our Limited Edition Valentine kit will be available for pre-order soon! You are not going to want to miss this kit so please sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on all upcoming sales, events and pre-orders! Thanks so much for stopping today and have a beautiful day!
December 17, 2015 at 11:35 am
Welcome Inna!! It is so nice to get to meet and know more about you! I can’t wait to see your creations! I am REALLY looking forward to the Valentine’s Day kit!
December 17, 2015 at 12:18 pm
Welcome, Inna. We are so excited to have you with us!
December 17, 2015 at 12:38 pm
December 17, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Thank you so much for a great interview! Can’t wait to see what you create for us !!😃
December 18, 2015 at 9:44 pm
Oh wow how exciting looking forward to seeing more of your designs…
December 20, 2015 at 9:55 pm
So nice to get to know you more! Your IG feed is gorgeous!
December 21, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Welcome! Loved finding out more about you!