When you open that kit and see the specialty paper like a fantastic gold foil and vellum paper in the October Funfetti, you can do just about anything with it and love the results, it’s so pretty on it’s own.
But if your looking for a unusual embellishment to add to your layout, I’ve got an idea for you. I ran mine through the printer as a journaling piece in a recent layout and I thought you might like to know how.:)
Supplies that I used for this project:
- Inkjet printer
- restickable glue stick
Here is what I did:
- Using Word, I typed what I wanted and printed it out.
- With your velum, use the restickable glue stick to attach a piece of velum larger than the printed area taking care to make sure the edges of the velum are secure against the paper.
- The restickable glue stick is exactly like what is on the back of sticky notes. It will totally peal of without residue or harm to the surface.
- Insert the paper with vellum attached into printer as before and print your document again.
- Let dry completely before attaching it to your layout.
This process works for all types and kinds of paper and I sure hope you’ll like the results.
I sure did!