I am so excited to be bringing you this month Designer in the Spotlight Lhey Ralston from Mommy Lhey Designs. If you have not yet heard of Mommy Lhey Designs you are in for a treat! Lhey is one of the sweetest ladies and I am so in love with her work. Her kawaii style stamps are like no other and I am always anxious to see her next release! You will be able to pick up some new Mommy Lhey stamps in the Clique Kits shop soon and Mommly Lhey is our May challenge sponsor so link up for your chance to win a stamp prize pack!
Mommy Lhey Designs is a brand new company that offers kawaii clear stamps at its finest. When cuteness and class are combined the result is Mommy Lhey. Our designs are so sweet and so kawaii it definitely brings joy to your planning experience. Most of stamps are hand drawn by owner and creative director Lhey Ralston. Cuteness and high quality products is the foundation of our company, alongside an exceptional customer service.
Lhey took some time out of her day to answer a few questions about her creative process, some of her favorite supplies and what inspired her first stamp set. Please say hello to Lhey Ralston!
1. Can you tell us a little bit about your creative process.
– Creative Process… Requires coffee and music. A lot of it. Haha! My ideas are all over the place like my attention span so if I do not write it down, I lose it as quickly as it came. But when I have big projects I often use my dreams to begin the creative thinking. I know it may sound odd, but my mind keeps me so busy even in my dreams that is why I have my handy dandy iPhone at all times so that when I have something clever in my head I wake up and type it down. Then in the morning I start my doodles and graphics. I sometimes wish that I have a more consistent creative process when designing.
2. Where and when are you most creative?
Hmmm…I think my answer will be, at night time and before I fall asleep. I am such a night owl, that I am more awake and creative when the moon and the stars are out.
3. What are some of your must have supplies?
Paper, Pencil, Eraser, and a Sharpie.
4. Who are some of your inﬂuences?
5. 3 things people probably do not know about you.
1. I am a professional singer. Used to perform all over Las Vegas Strip in different Hotels and Casino. And now currently on tour with Hawaii’s Premium Showband Society of Seven. (It might sound more glamorous than what it really is, LOL!)
2. I am a Filipino. I was born and raised in the Philippines.
3. I am a proud mama of 3 beautiful children, and happily married to my soulmate.
Book – Currently #GIRLBOSS and The Alchemist
Movie – “The Notebook”
Candy – Kit-Kat
Drink – Water and Naked Juice
Music – Old School R&B
Color – Pink
TV Show – The Vampire Diaries And Once Upon A Time
7. Who are some of your favorite designers in the industry?
8. What inspired you to design your ﬁrst stamp set?
I bought my ﬁrst planner last year. I played around mixing and matching materials and patterns to decorate it. I tried other products, but i’ve always wanted a more Kawaii stamp with cute fonts to decorate my planners with but never found one so I ended up designing my own. And I also wanted to bring in something new in the table. Something that I know a lot of people like but is not yet available to them, I am grateful to my friend for her encouragement, because if not for her, My Daily Kawaii stamps will never be. It’s deﬁnitely a leap of faith. I stepped out of my comfort zone, and trusted my ideas. I was afraid that nobody else would like it, but the whole process is still very surreal. It feels amazing. And I am grateful.
9. Planners have become very popular. What are a few things you use in your planner to help you stay organized?
I need stamps and I love using Pigment Inks with it. I use a lot of Washi Tapes and Cute Stickers. I think it just makes planning more fun and tackling my To-Do list feels easier when my week spread is all cute and pretty.
Lhey thank you so much for being our May Designer in the Spotlight! You can find MommyLhey Designs at the links listed below! Make sure you follow their blog and like them on Facebook to stay up do date with new releases, sales and events!
May 11, 2015 at 2:04 pm
I love when you do the spotlights, so great to get to know designers better!!! I love these stamps. I got my 1st set from the store and I LOVE it!!! Looking forward to seeing your creations this month!!
May 11, 2015 at 6:22 pm
I too love designer’s stories. And these stamps are wonderful.
May 12, 2015 at 12:17 am
I adore your gorgeous stamps!! Thanks for sharing some of your process with us!
May 12, 2015 at 8:31 am
Hi Lhey! Thank you for sharing some of your life with us! I’m a momma to three children as well and I can relate to being a night owl (in my case whether I like it or not) and great coffee and music! I’m so glad you are collaborating with Clique Kits!
May 12, 2015 at 6:15 pm
so much fun getting to know you a bit better!!!!
May 12, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Great photo! Adorable stamps! Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself with us!
May 13, 2015 at 5:21 am
Love knowing more about the person who created such fun stamps!
May 13, 2015 at 7:33 am
Lhey, Your stamps rock!! Thanks for sharing a little about your design process.
May 13, 2015 at 12:44 pm
Fellow Pinay here!! 😀
Love your stamps! Thanks for sharing your design process!
And I watched your vids where you’re singing.. beautiful voice!
May 16, 2015 at 5:44 pm
Love your stamps! Thanks for sharing with us!