1. First I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out this giant heart from white cardstock. If you don’t have a die cutting machine, you can cut a giant heart and just do a striped look without the “XOs”. It would look just as neat!
2. Next, cut various strips from the patterned papers in the February kit to back the heart design with. They ended up being about 1 1/4″ inches tall, based on the size of heart I cut.
3. Use an adhesive runner, glue stick, or spray to cover the back of the heart. Place the strips to cover each line of XOXOs. Trim around the heart, then adhere to a white cardstock base.
4. On the lower left side, add a photo, paper scraps, ephemera, and flair to embellish. On the right side, use paper scraps and die cuts to balance out the page.
5. Next, use the bottom border strips from four sheets of paper to frame your layout. Add mist splatters, and you’re done!
I love how easy and simple this page is, yet it looks much more complex! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this technique!